6/1/18 Wisconsin FFA Foundation Readies for 89th Wisconsin FFA ConventionMADISON, Wis. [June 1, 2018] – The Wisconsin Association of FFA and Wisconsin FFA Foundation are in the final stages of preparations for the 89th Wisconsin FFA Convention, to be held June 11-14 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. Thousands of FFA members, parents, advisors and benefactors will attend the annual event, which honors
achievements of all groups throughout the week.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation is hosting its annual Sponsors and Award Winners Dinner Tuesday evening, with a reception following the meal to commemorate the 35th Anniversary of the organization. Founded in 1983 by Arnold and Katherine Cordes, the Foundation continues to financially support record numbers of Wisconsin FFA members and all facets of agricultural education throughout the state.
At the 8 p.m. Tuesday evening Third General Session, the Foundation’s top donors will be recognized on stage. Others are presenting their sponsored awards at various times throughout the other sessions.
The Wisconsin FFA Convention is only possible through the following generous donors, some of whom will be recognized on-stage Tuesday night as well. The 2018 Wisconsin FFA Foundation Convention Partners include:
- Platinum – CHS Foundation, Kerry and Renk Seed
- Gold –Compeer Financial; Greenstone Farm Credit Services; GROWMARK, Inc.; US Army ROTC; and the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Foundation
- Silver – Cooperative Network, Seneca Foods Corporation and Wisconsin Public Service
- Bronze: Agropur Inc.; Badger State Ethanol, LLC; Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, CNH Industrial Capital, Citizens State Bank of Loyal, John Deere Company, Lakeside Foods, Inc.; Southwest Technical College; Town Bank: We Energies; Wisconsin Farmers Union; Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association
- Supporter – East Central/Select Sires, Foremost Farms USA, Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Nasonville Dairy, Inc., Topcon Agriculture Americas, Wisconsin Association of Agricultural Educators
- Friend – Charleston|Orwig; Fox Cities Builders; Keller, Inc.; Ronald W. Martin; Mondovi FFA; Kenneth and Joyce Natzke; Richard and Sue Schultz; UW-River Falls AgEd Society and Alpha Tau Alpha
James T. Grasee and Mary Handrich-Grasee are from Denmark, where Mary is the agricultural education instructor/FFA advisor and James, a financial advisor. They both were high school FFA officers and are grateful for the impact the organization has had on their lives. Mary earned her American FFA degree, and James, his State FFA degree. Today, they both volunteer and support Wisconsin FFA members in many ways.
William and Nancy (Carroll) Maurina and Family are also being inducted into the Blue and Gold Society this year. William was the Barron FFA advisor and ag teacher for many years, and joined by his wife, Nancy, for much of his career before she passed in 2015. William says his favorite part of the agricultural education’s three-circle model is FFA, which he calls, “the icing on the cake.”
Also being honored is the Family of Gordon J. Iverson, DVM “Doc”, which has been a Blue and Gold Society member for the past three years. They have continued to show commitment to Doc’s legacy through regular contributions to the Gordon J. Iverson Endowment. His legacy lives on through this memorial endowment, which supports veterinary and animal science scholarships for Wisconsin FFA members.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation looks forward to visiting with many friends and benefactors at the 89th Wisconsin FFA Convention this month.
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today’s FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.