Wisconsin FFA Foundation awards $31,800 in scholarshipsThe Wisconsin FFA Foundation recently awarded $31,800 as post-secondary scholarships to 42 Wisconsin FFA members. Scholarships were awarded through annual contributions and endowed funds donated by companies, industry organizations and individual supporters, all of which share the Foundation’s passion for agriculture education and leadership development.
“Once again, we were very impressed by the exceptional applicants. Even with more funding to distribute this year to more FFA members, our team still identified 16 additional applicants who were deserving of a scholarship. It speaks to the caliber of individuals that FFA continues developing, and the growing need for partners to support the next step in their educational pursuits,” says Rick Daluge, chair of the scholarship selection committee.
Recipients of the 2014 Foundation Scholarships will be recognized at the Wisconsin FFA Convention in June. All Foundation scholarships are awarded to seniors in high school or students currently enrolled in a university or technical college. Awardees are members in good standing of the Wisconsin Association of FFA and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record.
- Beaver Dam FFA, Eva L. Arndt – Robert and Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Brillion FFA, Erica Lamers – Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
- Colby FFA, Jenessa Freidhof – WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
- Darlington FFA, Alison Wedig – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Dodgeville FFA, Richard Wendhausen – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
- Fort Atkinson FFA, Cierra Essock – Louis M. Sasman Endowment
- Freedom FFA, Cole H. Anderson – John & Hattie Van Wychen Endowment
- Gresham FFA, Lindsay Anderson – Bernie and Marty Staller Endowment
- Horicon FFA, Morgan Brandenburg – Walter and Delores Bjoraker Endowment
- Howards Grove FFA, Jordan C. Siemers – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
- Janesville Craig FFA, Kristen Broege – Cooperative Resources International
- Lodi FFA, Sydney Endres – Cooperative Resources International
- Marshfield FFA, Jamie Gilbertson – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Marshfield FFA, Carissa Haffenbredl – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Marshfield FFA, Emily Gilbertson – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- Mauston FFA, Kadence Walsh – ANIMART
- Mishicot FFA, Kelly Wilfert – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
- Mishicot FFA, Melissa LeCaptain – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
- Montello FFA, Eric Coddington – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Monticello FFA, Clare Gietzel – Rodney O. Kittelsen Endowment
- New Holstein FFA, Ashlee Jordan – Kenneth K. Heideman Endowment
- New Lisbon FFA, Aaron Frisk – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA (FISC)
- Omro FFA, Cassandra Borgardt – Wisconsin FFA Convention Participants
- Osseo-Fairchild FFA, Blake Dehnke – ANIMART
- Prairie Farm FFA, Michaela Boesl – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Randolph-Cambria-Friesland FFA, Dietric James De Jager – Star Blends
- Rio FFA, Kelly Falk – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Ripon FFA, Sarah Salas – Mary Elstad & Dean P. Gagnon Endowment
- Sauk Prairie FFA, Kyle Herbrand – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Sauk Prairie FFA, Rachel Leege – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Sauk Prairie FFA, Lindsey Lehman – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Sauk Prairie FFA, Sally Albers – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Seymour FFA, Bethany Marcks – Elstad Brothers Endowment
- Shullsburg FFA, Chet Scott – GROWMARK
- Spencer FFA, Leeah E. Luepke – Dr. Virgil & Ann Martinson Endowment
- Stoughton FFA, Kaylyn Lund – Harold and Geneva Beals Endowment
- Stratford FFA, Samantha Schoenfuss – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Tomah FFA, Emma Heser – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Verona FFA, Elizabeth Sarbacker – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Watertown FFA, Nicole Wright – GROWMARK
- Waunakee FFA, Sara Griswold – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
- West DePere FFA, Grace Skarlupka – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today’s FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.