Wisconsin FFA Foundation awards nearly $33,000 in scholarshipsMadison, Wis. [April 28, 2015] – The Wisconsin FFA Foundation recently awarded nearly $33,000 as post-secondary scholarships to 42 FFA members throughout Wisconsin. Scholarships were awarded through annual contributions and endowed funds donated by companies, industry organizations and individual supporters, all of which share the Foundation’s passion for agriculture education and leadership development.
“Once again the committee had a difficult task in selecting this year's recipients of Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarships,” says Rick Daluge, a member of the scholarship selection committee. “We had an excellent pool of applicants and look forward to continued growth of this program to recognize even more outstanding students in future years! The accomplishments of these young people in their Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAEs) and overall high school involvement in FFA are impressive.”
Recipients of the 2015 Wisconsin FFA Foundation Scholarships will be recognized at the Wisconsin FFA Convention in June. All Foundation scholarships are awarded to seniors in high school, or students currently enrolled in a university or technical college. Awardees are members in good standing of the Wisconsin Association of FFA and have maintained a satisfactory scholastic record. The 2015 Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship recipients include:
- Trent Dado, Amery FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Alex Sievert, Bonduel FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Kaila Wussow, Bonduel FFA – Cooperative Resources International
- Erin Marchant, Brodhead FFA – Rodney O Kittelsen Endowment
- Megan Redford, Cambridge FFA – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
- Alex Costello, Campbellsport FFA – Harold and Geneva Beals Endowment
- Abby Sabel, Chilton FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Ciera Ballmer, Clinton FFA – Walter and Delores Bjoraker Endowment
- Taylor Thoeny, Cochrane-Fountain City FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Alison Wedig, Darlington FFA – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Riley Miller, Evansville FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Destiny Kraus, Fort Atkinson FFA – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA (FISC)
- Lisa Zoromski, Freedom FFA – John & Hattie Van Wychen Endowment
- Brandon Anding, Granton FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Kevin Johnson, Granton FFA – Elstad Brothers Endowment
- Auna Kaufmann-Schwartz, Holmen FFA – ANIMART
- Dakota Heine, Jefferson FFA – Robert and Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Josh Roth, Juda FFA – ANIMART
- Ryan Schmitt, Juda FFA – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
- William Marshall, Kickapoo FFA – Wisconsin FFA Convention
- Abbey Williams, La Farge FFA – Danny and Robin Connelly Family and Organic Valley
- Karley Reissman, Marion FFA – GROWMARK
- Emily Gilbertson, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Jamie Gilbertson, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Zachary Gilbertson, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Ashleigh Sternitzky, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Kadence Walsh, Mauston FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Kelly Wilfert, Mishicot FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Stephanie Thiel, Plymouth FFA – WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
- Hannah Taylor, Poynette FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Jennifer Shutter, Preble FFA – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA
- Sally Albers, Sauk Prairie FFA – Blain's Farm & Fleet
- Kyle Herbrand, Sauk Prairie FFA –Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Rachel Leege, Sauk Prairie FFA – Dr. Virgil & Ann Martinson Endowment
- Elizabeth Yanke, Sauk Prairie FFA – Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
- Ashley Zimmerman, Spencer FFA – Bernie and Marty Staller Endowment
- Kaylyn Lund, Stoughton FFA – Louis M Sasman Endowment
- Kailyn Ripp, Waunakee FFA – GROWMARK
- Grace Skarlupka, West De Pere FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Katie Engevold, Whitehall FFA – Star Blends
- Emily Herness, Whitehall FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Assoc.
- Lindsey Rettenmund, Wisconsin Heights FFA – Cooperative Resources International
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today’s FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.