Wisconsin FFA Foundation awards more than $31,000 in scholarshipsMadison, Wis. [April 28, 2016] – The Wisconsin FFA Foundation recently awarded more than $31,000 as post-secondary scholarships to 42 Wisconsin FFA members. Recipients of these awards will be recognized at the 87th Wisconsin FFA Convention in June.
Scholarships were awarded to seniors in high school, or students currently enrolled in a university or technical college. They must be in good standing with the Wisconsin Association of FFA and also maintain an acceptable scholastic record.
The 2016 Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarships are gifted because of generous annual contributions and endowed funds by companies, industry organizations and individual supporters, all of whom share the Foundation’s passion for agriculture education and leadership development.
“What a great year for scholarship applicants,” says Sara Schoenborn, executive director of the Wisconsin FFA Foundation. “Their accomplishments were impressive and our panel of judges was very excited to see the work of FFA youth throughout the state. I speak for everyone at the Foundation when I say we are grateful to be able to give these awards each year. Thank you to all the sponsors for their continuing dedication to these students’ educational pursuits.”
The 2016 Wisconsin FFA Foundation scholarship recipients and donors include:
- Brenna Bays, Adams-Friendship FFA – Blain’s Farm & Fleet
- Meikah Dado, Amery FFA – Wisconsin FFA Convention
- Ethan Dado, Amery FFA – Wisconsin FFA Convention
- Trent Dado, Amery FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
- Shane Hanson, Barron FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Jennifer Swan, Beaver Dam FFA – Robert and Herta Laatsch Family Endowment
- Brooke Moore, Black Hawk FFA – GROWMARK
- Caleb Novak, Black Hawk FFA – Rodney O Kittelsen Endowment
- Alex Costello, Campbellsport FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Ciera Ballmer, Clinton FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Brooke Trustem, Evansville FFA – WPS Farm Show Food Vendors
- Jim Buttles, Glenwood City FFA – ConAgra Foods
- Kaitlin Konder, Glenwood City FFA – Elstad Brothers Endowment
- Kevin Johnson, Granton FFA – ANIMART
- Hannah Thelen, La Farge FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Carley Krull, Lake Mills FFA – GROWMARK
- Jared Heeg, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Nadia Moore, Marshfield FFA – Kenneth K Heideman Endowment
- Charitee Seebecker, Mauston FFA – Arnold & Katherine Cordes Endowment
- Vanessa Ponterio, Melrose-Mindoro FFA – Matthew D. Anderson Endowment
- Ally Magnin, Oconto Falls FFA – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
- Jared Retzlaff, Omro FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Cassandra Borgardt, Omro FFA – Walter and Delores Bjoraker Endowment
- Alizabeth Grady, Oregon FFA – Wisconsin Rural Opportunities Foundation, Inc.
- Arianna Nasserjah, Oregon FFA – Mary Elstad and Dean P. Gagnon Endowment Fund
- Jade Pinter, Owen-Withee FFA – Star Blends
- Erica Helmer, Plymouth FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Victoria Timme, Portage FFA – Bernie and Marty Staller Endowment
- Allissa Frisle, Prairie Farm FFA – Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association
- Beth Zimmer, River Ridge FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Amber Patterson, River Ridge FFA – Louis M Sasman Endowment
- Montana Lins, Riverdale FFA – ANIMART
- Sally Albers, Sauk Prairie FFA – ANIMART
- Samuel Peetz, Sauk Prairie FFA – ANIMART
- Chad Keller, Sauk Prairie FFA – UW-Madison Collegiate FFA (FISC)
- Ashley Zimmerman, Spencer FFA – Wisconsin Agri-Business Association
- Samantha White, Stoughton FFA – Harold and Geneva Beals Endowment
- Jessica Wendt, Stoughton FFA – Badger State Ethanol, LLC
- Joelle Liddane, Tomah FFA – Blain’s Farm & Fleet
- Allison Hardy, Viroqua FFA – Farmer Community Giving, Organic Valley
- Alex Lewandowski, Wittenberg-Birnamwood FFA – Robert Wohlford Memorial
- Kendall Bentley, Wrightstown FFA – Foth Production Solutions, LLC
The Wisconsin FFA Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) organization, unites individuals, organizations and companies who share a common interest in the advancement of agriculture and community leadership through FFA. You can support today’s FFA members by supporting the programs that have been core tenets of the FFA: proficiency awards, career development events, state FFA degrees, sectional leadership workshops, scholarships, chapter awards, agri-science fair, state FFA convention and state officer support. Learn more about the Wisconsin FFA Foundation and sponsorship opportunities by visiting www.wisconsinffafoundation.org.